This is just a short post, but it’s something I still think about today. When I was growing up many years ago and my folks were still on earth, my mother would often ask me questions that would leave me entirely perplexed. So much so that even now I can’t help but scratch my head. There must be a name for these type of questions. I’ll give a few examples as we go along. For instance, dinner was a perfect time for this nonsense. “I know how much you hate sprouts, so I’ve only put you a few!” Do you see what I’m getting at? Another favourite was, “Do you want peas or beans with your dinner?”, “I’ll have beans please, mother” I would reply to which she would let me know that she had already put peas for me! Why oh why would anyone ask that question knowing full well there really wasn’t any choice? On it went, “What would you like for pudding? There’s Rice or Blancmange.” “I’ll have Rice please, mother.” “Oh, I’m sorry I’ve bought a Blancmange that has to be eaten today.
I’ve recently retired, not because I wanted to, but because I wasn’t
- The Best Apple December 17, 2019The Best Apple An apple hung upon a tree, It stood out from the rest. Ruby red, sun ripened skin...
- It’s Only A Song October 3, 2019It’s Only A Song “It’s only a song….” Only a song? Goodness me, no! You’ve got it all wrong! It’s...
- My Best Self September 10, 2019My Best Self If my best self could take my hand, Guide me safely through troubled lands, The only thing...
Please Subscribe to This Blog
- Banana Cake Banana Cake A delicious cake and a great way to use ...
- Vegetable Stew and Soup What could be better on a cold winters night than ...
- Apple & Blackberry Pie Apple & Blackberry Pie We are fortunate to have an abundance ...
- Banoffee Pie Banoffee Pie Another naughty but nice desert. Home made Banoffee pie ...
- Chocolate and Beetroot Cake Recipes I hope you look out for my recipes and they ...
When Magic Goes Wrong!
Subscribe To My Youtube Channel
- I See Thought Bubbles I see thought bubbles, I really do. Whenever I talk to... 162 views | 35 comments
- My World Of Giant Pants Welcome to my world of giant underpants and other daft... 160 views | 51 comments
- The Teapot I used to be known as 'Teapot', that was my nickname. I... 126 views | 47 comments
- The Repair Shop There's a gem of a TV program shown by the BBC here in... 99 views | 25 comments
- It’s A Wrap Like most people on this planet, I love to give treats... 98 views | 30 comments