This is just a short post, but it’s something I still think about today. When I was growing up many years ago and my folks were still on earth, my mother would often ask me questions that would leave me entirely perplexed. So much so that even now I can’t help but scratch my head. There must be a name for these type of questions. I’ll give a few examples as we go along. For instance, dinner was a perfect time for this nonsense. “I know how much you hate sprouts, so I’ve only put you a few!” Do you see what I’m getting at? Another favourite was, “Do you want peas or beans with your dinner?”, “I’ll have beans please, mother” I would reply to which she would let me know that she had already put peas for me! Why oh why would anyone ask that question knowing full well there really wasn’t any choice? On it went, “What would you like for pudding? There’s Rice or Blancmange.” “I’ll have Rice please, mother.” “Oh, I’m sorry I’ve bought a Blancmange that has to be eaten today.
I’ve recently retired, not because I wanted to, but because I wasn’t
- There Are Some Places We Can’t GoSat on a bridge that appears to disappear into the clouds. Is it a bridge to heaven? Above the main cloud there looks like an Angel that has formed from the clouds below it. A sign reads Keep Out, I suppose that my time isn’t ready to cross the bridge just yet. I wonder if […]
- In Another TimeI saw a tunnel and through that tunnel was a beautiful field. I could see a bird from another time, pre-historic. There’s a path that I don’t know where it leads, but I can see mountains. A warm day with a slight breeze. The clouds on the horizon suggest a storm could be moving in. […]
- Living In A CaveThere’s always a dream that I’ve had of living in a cave. Not like our ancestors did, but still a cave and with some modern luxuries. On the edge of a lake, the summer sun shining, what a dream. I think I would have to find a way of securing the front, but Benchman can […]
- Desperate Measures March 21, 2020Desperate Measures It’s not the great beer that draws us all here, It’s not classy wine that tastes so damn...
- The Best Apple December 17, 2019The Best Apple An apple hung upon a tree, It stood out from the rest. Ruby red, sun ripened skin...
- It’s Only A Song October 3, 2019It’s Only A Song “It’s only a song….” Only a song? Goodness me, no! You’ve got it all wrong! It’s...
Please Subscribe to This Blog
- Banana Cake Banana Cake A delicious cake and a great way to use ...
- Vegetable Stew and Soup What could be better on a cold winters night than ...
- Apple & Blackberry Pie Apple & Blackberry Pie We are fortunate to have an abundance ...
- Banoffee Pie Banoffee Pie Another naughty but nice desert. Home made Banoffee pie ...
- Chocolate and Beetroot Cake Recipes I hope you look out for my recipes and they ...
Follow Me on Twitter
When Magic Goes Wrong!
Subscribe To My Youtube Channel
My Facebook Page
- My World Of Giant Pants Welcome to my world of giant underpants and other daft... 222 views | 51 comments
- What Do You Do All Day? Being creative is truly a wonderful thing. I get annoye... 207 views | 56 comments
- I See Thought Bubbles I see thought bubbles, I really do. Whenever I talk to... 200 views | 35 comments
- When Magic Goes Wrong I've been practising my magic again, but unfortunately... 176 views | 36 comments
- The Teapot I used to be known as 'Teapot', that was my nickname. I... 166 views | 47 comments