This is just a short post, but it’s something I still think about today. When I was growing up many years ago and my folks were still on earth, my mother would often ask me questions that would leave me entirely perplexed. So much so that even now I can’t help but scratch my head. There must be a name for these type of questions. I’ll give a few examples as we go along. For instance, dinner was a perfect time for this nonsense. “I know how much you hate sprouts, so I’ve only put you a few!” Do you see what I’m getting at? Another favourite was, “Do you want peas or beans with your dinner?”, “I’ll have beans please, mother” I would reply to which she would let me know that she had already put peas for me! Why oh why would anyone ask that question knowing full well there really wasn’t any choice? On it went, “What would you like for pudding? There’s Rice or Blancmange.” “I’ll have Rice please, mother.” “Oh, I’m sorry I’ve bought a Blancmange that has to be eaten today.
I’ve recently retired, not because I wanted to, but because I wasn’t
- Not Everyone Sees The Ghost TrainSome of us can see the ghost train at the station, yet, some of us can’t. Why is that? I don’t know. Who gets on the ghost train? I’ve never seen anyone alight yet. Where can you see one of these ghost trains? Well, you have to be lucky, I think and stay alert. They […]
- Moonlight MileA long and winding road through the forest. Summertime in the evening with a large moon to help the traveller along his way with its soft ray of light. No worries, no problems, just the sound of nature and the evening birdsong to listen to. What more could anyone possibly want? We are but the […]
- In The LightOh this world at times, the inhabitants, particularly the human ones can be very nasty at times to each other as well as to animals, trees and even property. There are times, it is nice to get away and there’s nowhere better on this earth than a forest in the middle of a beautiful summer. […]
- Desperate Measures March 21, 2020Desperate Measures It’s not the great beer that draws us all here, It’s not classy wine that tastes so damn...
- The Best Apple December 17, 2019The Best Apple An apple hung upon a tree, It stood out from the rest. Ruby red, sun ripened skin...
- It’s Only A Song October 3, 2019It’s Only A Song “It’s only a song….” Only a song? Goodness me, no! You’ve got it all wrong! It’s...
Please Subscribe to This Blog
- Banana CakeBanana Cake A delicious cake and a great way to use ...
- Vegetable Stew and SoupWhat could be better on a cold winters night than ...
- Apple & Blackberry PieApple & Blackberry Pie We are fortunate to have an abundance ...
- Banoffee PieBanoffee Pie Another naughty but nice desert. Home made Banoffee pie ...
- Chocolate and Beetroot CakeRecipes I hope you look out for my recipes and they ...
Follow Me on Twitter
When Magic Goes Wrong!
Subscribe To My Youtube Channel
My Facebook Page
- Mutton Shunter What on earth is a Mutton Shunter? It was the name give... 399 views | 23 comments
- Who Are You? It happened to me once, late at night, a stranger in my... 379 views | 29 comments
- The Repair Shop There's a gem of a TV program shown by the BBC here in... 318 views | 25 comments
- My World Of Giant Pants Welcome to my world of giant underpants and other daft... 305 views | 51 comments
- What Do You Do All Day? Being creative is truly a wonderful thing. I get annoye... 277 views | 56 comments