Another naughty but nice desert. Home made Banoffee pie that we all enjoy especially at family gatherings. There must be some goodness in it as it contains Bananas. They are very easy to make too and should serve 8 people using this recipe.
A delicious desert full of banana goodness, oh and some chocolate and cream.
- 150 g Digestive Biscuits
- 75 g Butter For The Filling
- 75 g Butter For The Base
- 397 g Tin of Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 small Bananas
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 50 g Milk Chocolate Grated
You will need: a 20cm (8in) round tin.
Chilling time: a minimum of 2¼ hours. Cook time: 5 minutes.
1. Line the tin with baking paper.
2. First make the pie base. Finely crush the biscuits with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, add the biscuits and combine. Spoon into the base of the tin, pressing down with the back of the spoon to level. Chill for 15 minutes.
3. To make the filling, heat the butter in the pan and stir over a low heat until combined. Add the condensed milk and bring to the boil, stirring continuously, for 2–3 minutes or until dark golden. Do not allow to boil for too long or it will become grainy. Add the vanilla extract and pour into the tin. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.